- Identify categories in MyPlate Under Classroom activities
- Learn how to read a food label
- Recognize the need to eat a variety of “healthy foods”
- Understand the relationship between good food and energy/health
- Set healthy eating goals and habits for self and family
- Organize food items in food categories according to “according to MyPlate” recommendations
- Identify calories, sugar and fat content in various food groups
- Visit the “FitKids Diner” and order lunch
- Complete the daily physical activity calendars in the classroom
- Encourage better choices in the buying and preparation of meals
2 Sided Weekly Family Newsletter
GSFK Nutrition Handout (pdf)
Learn what different fruits, vegetables and other foods can do to help you body.
Play games like “Feed the Face” and “Trust Gus”. Developed by the Center for Science in the Public Interest.
Fruits & Veggies – More Matters
Activities and helpful tips in eating a wide variety of fruits and vegetables each day.
Choose My Plate
US Department Of Agriculture
Watch a small video clip on todays lesson plan: (If you cannot see the video, CLICK here to download it)