- Learn anatomy & function of the gastrointestinal or “G.I.” tract
- Learn about digestion and how food/drink is metabolized into energy or “fuel” for the body
- Identify the organs in the digestive tubes
- Examine models of teeth, stomach and intestines
- Learn about the breakdown of food along the “food tubes”
- Simulate digestion by passing food models through 30-foot stockings – via “The Guts Game”
- “Operation Time”- removal of the stomach & intestines
- Complete daily physical activity calendars in classroom
- Promote family discussion about regular physical activity, good nutrition and ill effects of smoking as related to the process of digestion and excess acid creation in the “food” tubes”.
2 Sided Weekly Family Newsletter
Food Detectives Fight back! An interactive game designed by the Partnership for Food Safety Education.
Watch a small video clip on todays lesson plan: