- Review the mission and vision of the FitKids program
- Discuss the concepts of wellness & personal choices
- Identify why physical fitness is important to health
- Students introduce each other & discuss what they like to do for fun
- Play the “Onion game”
- Discuss the ‘‘job description” of a health care provider or pediatrician
- Compare the workings of a car to the body
- Discuss the benefits of regular exercise and physical activity
- Perform “warm up” and “cool down” exercises
- Complete daily physical activity calendars in classroom with teacher
- Encourage regular exercise in family members
2 Sided Weekly Family Newsletter
LiveFIT NH is a NH Public Television community project to encourage healthy eating and physical activity in children and adults.
Fun games for kids and families to promote physical activity, healthy eating and self esteem.
Program encourages kids to walk. Kids log their miles to reach across New Hampshire and win raffle prizes.
Watch a small video clip on todays lesson plan: